Taxidermy Seagull (Great Black Backed Gull – Larus Marinus)
This listing is for a handsome Great Black-backed Gull – the largest species of gull in the world!
This magnificent specimen is perched on a hand made coastal, rocky habitat base.
He is sure to be a talking point in any room, photos don’t do this chap justice!
Please get in touch if you wish to know more details.
See details below
Taxidermy Fieldfare perched in a winter scene
This listing is for a taxidermy Fieldfare (Turdus pilaris) perched on a natural wooden branch within a winter scene.
Realistic resin icicles hang from the branch, along with faux snow on the ground, which really gives this piece some life and character.
This bird was donated to me from Fenland Animal Rescue, after is sadly passed away after being found injured by a member of public.
10% of this sale will be donated to Fenland Animal Rescue
*Due to his injuries, he is missing some secondary feathers on his left wing, but as you can see from the photos, this does not affect the overall look of the mount.
See details below
Taxidermy Parakeet Bird on Perch
This listing is for a lovely little Plain Parakeet cross breed mounted on to a smart T-perch.
He is posed in an eating position, chowing down on a bit of fruit that I have cast from a real bit of apple, replicated with resin.
He also has lovely colourings, greens and blues with peachy undertones.
Died of natural causes as a captive bred bird.
See details below
Quickview Wildlife Art, Mammals, Faux Taxidermy
Faux Taxidermy Wolf Head
This listing is for a truly OOAK (One Of A Kind) 100% handmade ‘faux taxidermy’ life size Gray Wolf (Canis Lupus) by Krysten Newby.
A needle felted technique was used over the course of 2 months to create this realistic piece of faux taxidermy artwork.
Special barbed needles are used to repeatedly stab the wool in to place, which can be manipulated to create range of different shapes and textures.
Mounted on to an oak plaque – Mark of authenticity is sewn in to left ear.
15% of proceeds from this sale will be donated to The UK Wolf Conservation Trust!
Wildlife conservation is very close to my heart, I am always doing what I can to help protect our planet and all things wild that live within it.
This is why I donate a percentage of every sale to various wildlife charities such as the UK Wolf Conservation Trust, who greatly rely on any donations so they can continue to fund amazing projects around the world to help protect beautiful, important animals that are in jeopardy, mostly as a result of the most destructive species on the planet – us.
All items sold at Taxidermy Co. are ethically sourced and keep natures best interest in mind.
A percentage of profits made from each sale is donated to the Suffolk Wildlife Trust.
WORK IN PROGRESS
The Goldcrest (Regulus regulus), along with the Firecrest (Regulus ignicapillus) is the UK’s smallest bird, weighing…
- #taxidermy red squirrel just completed! They are SO fluffy ❤️ #wildlife #craft #ethicaltaxidermy #squirrel https://t.co/jwyZsPVGwp
- Red squirrel death mask. She’s pretty smashed up as a road casualty, but having this as a reference will help me pu… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1028960656110891013
- Super happy with how this lovely Cormorant turned out! Found him last day of hols a couple of months back, too far… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1026582360500961280
- FINALLY, a day cool enough to do taxidermy! 💗 I have a bit more work to do on this lovely lady, as well as completi… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1023576120569090048
- It’s been far too hot for taxidermy recently, instead I’ve been painting my favourite things and creating a few pie… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1021669059396546560